Sunday, May 20, 2018

Thing 12: Final Reflection 2017-2018

This year's Cool Tools pushed me to try new things with my teachers and students. I might not have tried the green screen if I hadn't read about it here. Now I have several classes using it for projects.

My favorite cool tool from this year is Bimoji. I think I am driving my family a little crazy with them. There are so many good options for responses in texts. Adding them to lessons has worked to engage students, especially the older students. Teachers are going to love making Bitmoji stickers for their Google Classroom grading.
Exploring eBook creation through Cool Tools has helped me better support teachers in publishing student work. Now that our district has undergone an iPad refresh, teachers and students have very few glitch issues and a lot more options for publishing work.
Even though the PD is ending, I am planning to explore more of the lessons. I have teachers interested in Makerspaces, so that is where I am heading next!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like great success with the greenscreen! So glad this workshop gave you the chance to play with that.

    ReplyDelete