Monday, January 21, 2019

Thing 01: Blogging

A new year, a new perspective, 7 schools, 1 me. I am here this year halfway through my 6th year working with the Instructional Technology Department in Rochester. I currently work with 7 buildings to support students, teachers and administrators with integrating technology into the curriculum. Our department has spent the past few years creating and facilitating online PD to help the teachers in our district with G Suite and using Chromebooks and iPads with their students. We have thousands of devices out there in the schools and students are using them! It is really amazing. I am hoping to find some new "things" in this year's round of cool tools to bring to my students and teachers. I am looking for a mix of things - something for novice teachers to get them excited and build their confidence and something for the advanced user. You know the one - they know as much or more than you do when you go to work with them. I love it when I find something they haven't seen yet because we can connect and get excited about the technology together. At the end of last year our staffing was cut back while the number of devices continued to increase in our schools. There is only 1 me. I get overwhelmed from time to time because of the number of people I support and because my job is a lifestyle - schools by day, online PD facilitator by night. Anyone else out there feeling the weight like me?

1 comment:

  1. a job as lifestyle! Yes, I can totally relate. It is overwhelming and exhausting. Hard to find a balance, even when you love your work, we all need a break. Great there are others in your schools who have tech experience and get excited about it. More support for you.

    ReplyDelete